Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Singer Debojit Saha : Stage set for global talent hunt

- Singer prepares to host Zee Bangla’s revamped music reality show
IDOL CHAT
Voice of India Debojit Saha is excited about hosting a music reality show in its new avatar and performing on another television show...

The past few days have been very hectic for me, mainly because of my commitments to two different TV shows.
First one first. The highly popular Bengali music reality show on Zee Bangla is returning after a brief gap, albeit on a much larger scale.

As the host, I am really excited about the revamped show which will be beamed as Biswa Shera (the world’s best) and has contestants from all over the world.
So far, the show had contestants from different corners of the country and this in itself was a big experience from me.

I always enjoyed the job of hosting the show, which brought in some really good talents.
I feel my job will only get tougher now with contestants coming in from all over the world.
Some of the young NRIs are more attached to their roots than us, which makes them better ambassadors of our culture.

I remember watching a young US-based girl, Mouli, who had rocked another musical reality show. A real talent, she came as a surprise in the show.

I am sure the revamped Zee Bangla show will be a real challenge, both for me and the (presumably) talented youngsters who will be vying for glory.
I am told the show will have contestants from Bangladesh, South Africa, Canada, Singapore and Kuwait, among others.

The shooting for the show will start from June 20 and the first episode will be aired on June 30.
Such shows require a lot of preparation and I am totally engrossed in it at the moment. I am quite excited about the new show and I hope you all will like it too.

Besides, I am also concentrating on my own performance in the Star Plus reality show Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, which is now moving towards a crescendo.

With your support, I have found a place among the last eight and the real challenge lies ahead.
The other seven contestants are all very good singers and extremely talented.
I will give my best to make the Northeast proud again. Source: telegraph india

No comments: